General Delivery Information
We appreciate that a quick delivery is important. When you need a product you need it! We will always despatch your order as soon as we possibly can.
Once we have received your order, we will notify you by email to provide you with details of your delivery.
We use independent specialist companies and networks to deliver our products. You need to be aware of the following:
- The driver making the delivery must obtain proof of delivery in the form of a signature from the person who has paid for the order.
- Delivery will not be made if the delivery driver cannot obtain a valid signature so the person must be at the stated delivery address in order to receive the goods.
- A failed delivery will result in the goods being returned to the depot. The haulage company will then either contact you by phone to organise a re-delivery or a card will be left stating their depot location so that you can collect the consignment. Re-delivery will incur an additional charge. See below for details.
Delivery is normally made using a curtain-sided lorry, not a van. You can give additional delivery instructions during the checkout process using a text box. Please use this facility to make the delivery driver’s job easier. You will need to advise us if:
- More descriptive detail needs to be given about delivery point than the address itself provides so that the driver can find it more easily.
- The delivery company needs to provide off-loading facilities (e.g. a pallet or pallets are being delivered and you do not have a forklift truck)
- Access from a main road to the delivery point is restricted in terms of height (e.g. overhanging trees), width, turning space, unloading space, poor road surface etc. The delivery lorry should be able to have full access to and from the delivery point and the ability to turn around there if necessary.
To make things simple and cost-effective for you, we only accept orders placed online for delivery to UK mainland locations. If you wish to purchase goods for delivery in the UK but not on the mainland, such as to Northern Ireland or to island delivery addresses, please contact our office on 01963 362640 (standard landline call rate) or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For any enquiries for delivery outside the UK, please contact our specialist export team on +44 (0)1963 362927 or email email@example.com
Our Delivery Charges
We offer low ex-works product prices and delivery is charged at the best available competitive rates to ensure that you pay the lowest possible total amount for your order. We do not try to make our delivery costs appear artificially low by loading them into the price of our products.
If orders are received during the morning, items are in stock and we are able to pick them and pack them in time, we will do our best to get your order to you on the next working day, otherwise, it will be the following day. If items are out of stock, we will contact you to advise you of their expected availability. We strongly advise giving us as much notice as possible ahead of your anticipated installation date to avoid disappointment.
Please note that certain products consist of two components and that each component is classed as an item for the purpose of haulage.
Charges are for our standard delivery service (1-2 days). Deliveries are made between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday but not on Public Holidays
Please note that our charges are for the full consignment, not for each item.
The charge for re-delivery where delivery was previously attempted is £49.99.
We and our haulier partners always strive to deliver the products ordered within the timescale indicated. Occasionally, breakdowns, traffic accidents, road closures and other problems delay delivery. This can be a particular problem for our customers where delivery direct to a site has been requested where installation crews are operating on a ‘just in time’ basis and have to delay the commencement of their work. We apologise for any inconvenience and additional cost this may cause but we can accept no liability for such additional costs caused in this way. If the risk and cost arising from a late delivery is likely to be high, we recommend arranging for all materials to be delivered well in advance of the work being done.
We operate in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
If for any reason you are not happy with your products please contact us immediately. Notice of cancellation of website orders will only be accepted from consumers and must be made in writing (by either letter, fax or email). You must return the goods to us within 14 days of receiving them unless they are faulty.
Goods that have been received for over 14 working days may not be returned. Where products have been used but subsequently found to be faulty by us, a replacement or credit will be offered. It is important to contact us straight away if you have any problems with the delivery or your items, if you require a refund or if you feel that your items are faulty.